Friday, December 12, 2014

Saudades pa!

So here goes a rambling post. As I sit at site this month of December,I realize a year ago in August I was getting ready, packing my bags up, thinking to myself how can I leave all this behind? Was I really ready to leave everything behind. Like my car, bed, cheese, coffee, family, friends......I was so comfortable. It's officially a year since I have arrived to Vanduzi!  The new group has arrived and swore in this December, and I will be going to my midservice conference in January.  I will have just a few months left until I get to go home! All the volunteers that were here when I arrived have returned. Now my fellow moz 21 group and I get to show the new group everything we have learned this past year. There has been a lot of ups and downs during this first year but I have to say I am so happy out here (just in case any of you were wondering). I've learned so much, from new recipes, a new language, a new culture, and I learned to really appreciate the people that surround you. As frustrating Mozambican time is, which is very similar to our Guatemalan time, everyone manages to get  things done...well, eventually. Some days I miss my friends and family but honestly I have friends and family here. Vanduzi is my home and I have family here that cares for me as much as all of you do. As I listen to Christmas music I can't help but miss being home and drinking peppermint coffee with my sister. Yet I sit on my porch and it might not feel like christmas here but all my friends her make me feel like I am still at home and I am not missing any holiday. No matter what my neighbors check up on me to just say hi, my host mother calling to see if I am forte (strong also known as fat), sit at the market talking to our market ladies about our dog or eat dinner with our good friend Sophia. It's sad to think I will have to say goodbye to a place that now I can call home.
Here's some pictures of some of the many people I call family.
Causha and Laete (sorry we taught them beer pong)

Sophia

My kids Gaelle and Eva


All of the kids together. Xanazia, gaelle, eva, and panshe
AMENDOIM!

 
                                                   Our market ladies, this is Elisa  one of the many market lady friends we have
Derreck, who is an amazing counterpart

Our directors wife and the Secretaries 

Labson who is like our younger brother


All the people that lived in central

Our amazing english theater kids

And of course sophia and her husband! my favorite people here!
There are tons of other people but I don't have pictures with them yet!
 Also don't worry I will have a post for the whole month of December but I am finally caught up with my blogging, especially since now I have a computer and unlimited modem. So if you guys want to skype sometime send me a message! Tchau!!

No comments:

Post a Comment